Caribbean Spiced Pumpkin
This Caribbean spiced pumpkin dish is a delicious blend of aromatic spices with a touch of heat.
- 2 cups pumpkin diced and peeled
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut in chunks
- 1 tin tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the pumpkin, red peppers, chilli and spices and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring so that the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to the boil and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is soft, yet still firm. You don’t want it too mushy.
- Season to taste and serve.