- 4 oz butter softened cut into 1″ pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups coconut grated
- 1 ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8 “x 12” baking pan.
- Using a stand up mixer, cream the butter and sugar, then add the vanilla and the eggs and beat for additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, and baking powder. Mix in the cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Slowly begin adding the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add the evaporated milk ½ cup at a time. Add the coconut milk.
- Finally add the shredded coconut ½ cup at a time.
- Pour into baking pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack, and allow it to come to room temperature.