- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard or to taste
- 1 pound roast pork Use my Pernil Recipe for this, or use Pulled Pork or pork tenderloin
- 1 pound sliced ham glazed ham is great, or your favorite deli ham
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese or more to your preference
- 4 ounces sliced dill pickles or to taste
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Butter the bottom half with 2 tablespoon softened butter. Spread the mustard on the top half.
- Layer the sandwich with roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese and dill pickles. Top the Cubano with the top bread slice
- Slather the remaining butter over both sides of the sandwich.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the Cuban sandwich for 5-6 minutes per side, pressing it down very firmly with another pan or spatula to “press” it tightly, until warmed through and bread is nice and crispy.
- Remove, slice and serve.