This Caribbean Passion Smoothie is a copycat of the popular Jamba Juice recipe: Fruity and delicious perfection! Make it in 1 minute with just 5 ingredients.
- 1 cup mango passion fruit juice (see note 1)
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 cup orange sherbet (see note 2)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add fruit juice, strawberries, peaches, orange sherbet, and ice to the blender (in that order or according to the manufacturer’s instructions). Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Mango passion fruit juice: This can be tricky to find, but not as difficult as it used to be. Good brands to try are Target’s Simply Balanced Organic Mango Passionfruit Juice or Welch’s Chillers Mango Passion Fruit Juice Drink. A low sugar brand is Minute Maid Light™ Mango Passion Fruit Drink, but it definitely tastes like artificial sugar. Last but not least, Goya makes very good frozen fruit purées in mango and passion fruit, which you can combine into one beverage to use.
- Orange sherbet: So old-fashioned, but so good. If you like, switch out the sherbet for vanilla fro-yo and a splash of orange juice.
- Yield: One recipe makes enough for 2 smoothies, or more, if it’s for little ones.
- Storage: Drink right away, otherwise if you can’t drink all of it, keep it in the refrigerator. It will melt, though.
- Thicker smoothies: Make sure the fruit is frozen solid if you like your smoothies on the thicker side. If you prefer a juicer smoothie, blend fresh fruit.
- Good blenders make good smoothies: Especially with frozen fruit and ice. If you have a weaker blender, start by adding the fruit and ice or let the fruit thaw before blending.
- Get creative: The great thing about smoothies is that you can switch up the ingredients to suit your taste. If raspberries are in season but the strawberries don’t look as good, feel free to use raspberries instead. Or use a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt and a splash of orange juice in place of sherbet. There’s no wrong way to do it.