Jamaican Curry Goat is insanely delicious. This slow cooked Jamaican Spiced Curry that is Full of flavour and tender to the bone! And very easy to make…
3 lbs Goat meat
2 tsp Garlic
2 Green onions
2 medium Potatoes
1 Scotch bonnet pepper
1 tsp fresh Thyme
1 tbsp Bouillon powder
1 tbsp Tomato paste
Baking & Spices
4 tbsp Tumeric /Curry powder
1 tsp Blackpepper
1/4 cup Cooking oil
- Season goat with, salt and pepper. Set aside
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the goat meat sauté stirring, frequently, any browned bits off the bottom of the pot, until goat is brown.
- Then add curry, stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, white pepper, onions,thyme, tomato paste, scallions (green onions) and scotch bonnet pepper stir for about a minute.
- Then pour in just enough water to cover the goat and bring to a boil and let it simmer until tender (depending on the goat size and preference) about 2 hours or more, stirring the saucepan occasionally and adding more water as needed..
- About 15-20 minutes before you remove from the stove add potatoes and bouillon powder. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, if you want really thick curry goat let the potatoes cook even more . Source: africanbites.com