The ultimate Bahamian thirst-quencher, Switcha is a version of limeade and it’s a simple, yet tantalizing elixir full of citrusy goodness .
- 3/4 – 1 cup fresh key lime juice (10 key limes or 6-8 Persian limes)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 gallon water
- Boil 1 cup of water. Add sugar and stir to dissolve to make a simple syrup.
- To the remaining water add the lime juice and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Stir in the simple syrup and chill for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Serve cold with a lime wedge for garnish.