A batida de lechosa will keep you nice and cool on a hot day, and may also become a favorite summer dessert.
- 1 large ripe papaya (about 4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Gather the ingredients.
- Peel the papaya using a knife or vegetable peeler.
- Cut the papaya in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Coarsely chop the flesh.
- Place the papaya chunks, milk, lime juice and zest, sugar, vanilla, and ice into a blender or food processor.
- Mix on high speed for 20 to 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour the smoothie into tall frosted glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve at once.