The Mojito is one of the most popular rum cocktails served today, with a recipe known around the world.
- 2 parts white rum
- 4 lime wedges
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped tsp. caster sugar
- 1 part soda water / club soda
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in the glass. Gently press together the limes and sugar.
- Bruise the mint leaves by clapping them between your palms, rub them on the rim of the glass and drop them in.
- Next, half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the rum and stir.
- Top with crushed ice, a splash of soda and a sprig of mint.