Every culture seems to have its own version of bread pudding, including the Caribbean.
- 1/4 pound stale bread
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×9 or 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- Remove and discard crusts from the bread. Cut remaining bread into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, soak bread cubes in the hot milk for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the soaked cubes well and then strain off excess milk.
- Dredge raisins in the flour and then fold into the bread and milk mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the bread mix into the greased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.