Try our recipe for Caribbean Grilled Salmon will take you straight to the islands with the Caribbean spices.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh salmon fillet, skin-on, (2 to 3 pounds)
Combine all ingredients into one bowl and add salmon. Let marinate for at least 30 mins.
Preheat a grill to medium, and the coals have a light grey ash color. Cook low and slow.
Put the salmon fillet on the grill, skin side down. Spread the jerk sauce over the fillet while grilling. Flip the fillet, remove the skin, then spread it with jerk sauce. Let it grill for an additional 15 minutes. Remove the salmon from the grill to a serving platter and serve with a light salad.