A quick, easy and tasty appetizer for all to enjoy!
- All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 32 pieces)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp.)
- 16oz Fried Plantains
- 1 avocado, chopped
- In medium saucepot over medium-high heat, bring 2 cups water to boil; season with Adobo. Add shrimp. Remove pot from heat; cover tightly. Set pot aside until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water until cool; set aside.
- In large zip-top bag (or non-reactive container with lid), combine lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tbsp. cilantro, onions and jalapeño pepper; season with Adobo. Submerge shrimp in lemon mixture; seal bag and transfer to refrigerator. Chill until shrimp absorb flavor of marinade, at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove shrimp from marinade, reserving ¼ cup marinade. Arranged cooked plantains on serving platter. Evenly divide shrimp among plantains; drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle shrimp bites with avocado and remaining cilantro.