Planter’s Punch is a simple mixture of rum, citrus, sugar and spice that originated in Jamaica.
- 3 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 splash soda water
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Add the dark rum, simple syrup, lime juice, grenadine and bitters into a shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Top with a splash of soda water, and garnish with a mint sprig.