A great tasting vegan, and paleo Jamaican flat bread made with grated cassava, dipped in coconut milk and fried until golden brown.
- 2 pounds frozen grated cassava defrosted
- 3/4- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk milk or water
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
- Depending on your frozen cassava you may have to use a cheesecloth or kitchen cloth, squeeze the heck out of the grated cassava.
- Place in large bowl, add salt and sugar. Mix well
- Heat up a fry pan or skillet on medium heat
- Divide mixture into 8 and form circles. Oil fry pan add cassava mixture in the fry pan, then begin to flatten dough and form in a circular motion using the back of a spoon. Make sure all the parts of the mixture are oiled.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly brown. You may have to do so in batches
- Submerge bammy in coconut milk for about 15-20 minutes
- Remove and lightly pat dry using a clean cloth or paper napkin Refry or grill on both sides for another 4-5 minutes until golden brown or according to preference.
- Serve Warm.